CeraZorb® For Wood Floors
Designed Specifically For Installation Beneath Engineered Hardwood, Stiff-Core LVT/LVP and Waterproof Floor Applications.
CeraZorb is a specially designed closed-cell bead foam with outstanding energy absorption, high strength to weight ratio and 100% recyclability. It will not rot, swell or absorb water. It is environmentally friendly, anti-microbial and contains no Formaldehyde. CeraZorb is significantly lighter in weight than recycled rubber. At roughly 1/25th the density, it allows for considerably easier material handling on the job-site. It also allows for a substantial reduction in freight costs. A truckload of CeraZorb contains roughly four times that of a truckload of recycled rubber.
CeraZorb can be cut with typical floor installation tools, and can be double-glued with most any acrylic or urethane adhesive. Available in standard thicknesses of 3mm, 5mm, and 10 mm, this easy-to-install product is available in 4' x 4' cut sheets eliminating any concern for roll set curl. In 5 mm thickness, a 28 lb box contains material sufficient to cover 400 square feet.
CeraZorb yields Delta IIC numbers on a 6" slab from 21-23, depending on CeraZorb thickness and floor covering. Put simply, Impacta by Sound Seal has developed a superior underlayment solution to rubber that is easier to install, offers cost savings on both the product and transportation and meets the same performance expectations.
CeraZorb Acoustic Testing
- Ceramic tile over CeraZorb over 1 ½" gypsum topping over 5/5" plywood - 16" TJI – 24 centers RC1 channel – batt insulation - 1 layer 5/8 GWB (178.8 KiB)
- Ceramic tile over CeraZorb over 7.5" concrete slab-no ceiling (63.7 KiB)
- Marble over no underlayment over 8" concrete slab-no ceiling (69.9 KiB)
- Ceramic Tile over CeraZorb over 3-inch Concrete Slab (Hambro System) with Soffit Ceiling Below (151.4 KiB)
- Ceramic tile over CeraZorb over 6" concrete slab-no ceiling (3.2 MiB)
- Ceramic Tile over CeraZorb over 1 9/16” gypsum topping over 8" Dietrich TradeReady Floor Joist @ 24"o.c. WAVE Suspended Drywall Grid, 3-1/2" Batt – 1 layer 5/8 GW (34.2 KiB)