Employment Opportunities With Sound Seal
Sound Seal, a leading manufacturer of industrial and architectural acoustic noise control products is located in Agawam MA.
We offer an exciting work environment and offers a strong benefits package including Medical/Dental, 401(K) and paid vacation time. In addition we are committed to building career enhancing experiences that prepares our employees for their long term professional goals.
Business Development Manager, Industrial Division - Agawam, MA
The Business Development Manager for the Industrial Division will provide world class customer service to our internal and external customers by coordinating all activities associated with the Engineering, Design and Project Management groups in the Industrial Market sectors. This will include all activities related to effectively managing the responsibility for select high visibility projects from kick off to customer sign-off.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering is preferred, although not required.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience working in a technical fast paced environment working within a manufacturing company or within the general contracting, construction management, noise control or power industries.
- Knowledge with and experience utilizing ERP systems such as Sage, JDE or SAP is a plus.
- Travel to and train existing distributors for Sound Seal Industrial Products (including HVAC & Lag production and Channels).
- Help identify, prospect and recruit new distributors.
- Create a list that can be reviewed and systematically contacted in order to grow the network of distributors as the team deems appropriate.
- Contact specifying municipalities, engineers, contractors and anyone that has influence to drive product specifications for the long term or order-in-hours for the short term.
- Maintain face-time/travel schedule for approximately 6-7 hotel nights per month and 1-2 day trips per week.
Shipping Associate - Agawam, MA
We are searching for an experience shipping associate. This is a first shift, direct hire position.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Forklift experience a must
- Complete packaging of skids
- Make crates for customer product
- Stage, measure and weigh all jobs
- Able to read a tape measure, use of power hand tools for building skids, pallet’s and crates
- Manually load or unload materials onto or off pallets, skids
- Stock and maintain inventory items
- Load and unload delivery trucks
Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday with possible OT scheduled as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience level
Required education: High school or equivalent
- Shipping: 2 years
- Forklift operation: 2 years
Junior Staff & Payroll Accountant - Agawam, MA
Sound Seal is seeking an ambitious and conscientious Junior Staff & Payroll Accountant for our Agawam, MA location. This role will provide the right individual an opportunity to develop with a dynamic company in a fast-paced, growing industry.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Responsible for monthly closings
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- Assist with year-end closings
- Assist in preparing budgets
- Bank reconciliations
- Perform credit checks for new customers
- Perform multi-state weekly payroll processing
- Manage weekly 401k contributions
- Additional Accounting and HR related projects as assigned
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups)
- Solid communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Capable of handling confidential information
- Ability to adapt to business demands and prioritize tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years relevant work experience required
- Previous experience processing payroll with ADP a must
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off and more. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disable
Machine Operator, Commercial Stitching - Agawam, MA
Seeking an experienced sewing machine operator, who has experience working with industrial fabrics. This individual must enjoy working in a fast paced environment, be creative, and a self-starter who requires minimal direction. This position would be full time. The right candidate must be extremely reliable.
Working with the team to assemble finished materials based on production CAD drawings. Produce to Takt time, while recording accurate material usage history and labor times on a per-job or per-part basis. Must produce first quality goods with minimum amount of re-work.
Qualification / Skills
- Sewing – Industrial Materials
- Cutting from Drawings
- Math Skills
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- LEAN or Continuous Improvement experience a plus
Compensation will be based on experience. This is an hourly full time (40 hour per week) position, with occasional overtime and expedite pay. Immediate eligibility for earnings bonus. We offer full benefits, including health and dental insurance, 401k and paid time off.