Employment at Sound Seal
Sound Seal, a leading manufacturer of industrial and architectural acoustic noise control products is located in Agawam MA.
We offer an exciting work environment and offers a strong benefits package including Medical/Dental, 401(K) and paid vacation time. In addition we are committed to building career enhancing experiences that prepares our employees for their long term professional goals.
Manufacturing Engineer - Agawam, MA
Job Summary: The manufacturing engineer is responsible for developing efficient systems, processes, and machines that result in high-quality products within the production area of the organization.
Responsibilities: The Manufacturing Engineer has ultimate responsibility of ensuring production lines work efficiently and effectively to satisfy our customer demands.
Duties/Responsibilities: Other necessary manufacturing engineer skills include project management ability, commitment to quality, and familiarity with safety and environmental standards. This person must also have process improvement expertise, strong leadership skills, and good at problem-solving.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Develop effective automated and non-automated systems
- Test new and existing production procedures
- Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed
- Establish production and machine requirements
- Design and install equipment
- Optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations, and material flow
- Resolve issues and delays in production
- Develop methods to optimize performance, reduce costs, and improve quality
- Train staff in new and existing processes
- Supervise operation processes
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations
- Upgrade systems and processes with new technology
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience Required:
- BS degree in industrial or manufacturing engineering or engineering technology
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes, and fabrication methods
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations
- Well-versed in relevant software (e.g. MS Office, CAD)
- Project management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to collaborate and be part of a Team
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Lean manufacturing certification or training is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing and also sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Commercial Stitcher / Machine Operator - Agawam, MA
Working with the team to assemble finished materials based on production CAD drawings. Produce to Takt time, while recording accurate material usage history and labor times on a per-job or per-part basis. Must produce first quality goods with minimum amount of re-work.Job Skills & Requirements
- Sewing – Industrial Materials
- Cutting from Drawings
- Math Skills
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- LEAN or Continuous Improvement experience a plus
Compensation will be based on experience. This is an hourly full time (40 hour per week) position, with occasional overtime and expedite pay. Immediate eligibility for earnings bonus. We offer full benefits, including health and dental insurance, 401k and paid time off.