Acoustic Underlayment for Floated Engineered Hardwood & Laminate Flooring.
Redupax is a 100% recycled wood fiber based underlay that will not bounce or flex like many foams, felts, and rubber underlays—resulting in a more stable and robust sound when walked upon, and eliminating the disagreeable “hollow sound” attributed to many floated engineered hardwood and laminate floors.
Redupax has a thickness of 9 mm and a density of 13 lbs per cubic foot and offers true stability, acoustics and thermal qualities. In addition, Redupax is also environmentally friendly FCS certified and bio degradable. Installed under floated engineered hardwood and laminate floors, Redupax proves time and again high quality, acoustic performance and reliability.
Benefits of Using Redupax:
- Made from 100% natural wood fiber, allows for leveling of floor imperfections up to ⅛" per 3 ft.
- Free-floating, economical underlay saves installation time.
- Rigid, stable top surface simulates the sound and feel of nail-down hardwood flooring.
- Excellent thermal qualities for warmth and comfort
- High smoothing qualities, creates a beautiful finished floor
- Will not bounce like many foam & felt products, increases lifetime of the floor.
- Removes the hollow sound attributed to many floated engineered hardwood and laminate floors
Redupax Acoustic Testing
- FIIC engineered wood over redupax.pdf (67.4 KiB)
- Floated Eng. Hardwood over 9mm Redupax over 6" concrete slab- no ceiling (50.0 KiB)
- Nailed down 3/4" solid hardwood over 3/4" plywood over 9mm Redupax over 10" concrete slab-no ceiling (57.1 KiB)
- Floated Laminate flooring over 9mm Redupax over 6" concrete slab-no ceiling (161.8 KiB)
- Floated Eng. Hardwood over 9mm Redupax over 1 ½" gypsum topping over 5/8" plywood - 16" TJI – 24 centers RC1 channel – batt insulation - 1 layer 5/8 GWB (186.8 KiB)
- Floated Eng. Hardwood over 9mm Redupax over 1 ½" lightweight concrete topping over 5/8" plywood - 2 x 10" - 16" centers- batt insulation, RC-1 channel, 5/8" GWB (297.6 KiB)