CeraZorb® for Tile & Stone Floors
Cerazorb is a lightweight underlayment system that has been specially designed for floated or glue down wood. Cerazorb offers high energy impact with low weight and will remain unchanged after repeated impact loads.
Cerazorb is an underlayment made out of hemi-crystalline thermoplastic that will not rot, swell, absorb water and is anti-microbial.
Cerazorb has been tested and has the performance equal to 1/2” natural cork at a much lower price. Cerazorb can be bonded to approved sub floors using Impacta T-950 bond coat adhesive
- Up to 25 times lighter than 1/4" backer board "
- Synthetic cork product" will not rot, support mold & mildew or absorb moisture
- Thin profile 3/16" thick, 4' x 4' sheets Lightweight only 28 lbs per box,
- 25 sheets per box, 400 sf,
- Credible acoustical and crack suppression
- Optional Peel & Stick available Passes Robinson test to light commercial rating
- Cerazorb 3MM Data Sheet (1.8 MiB)
- Cerazorb 5MM Data Sheet (1.8 MiB)
- Cerazorb 10MM Data Sheet (1.8 MiB)
- Cerazorb Technical Spec (20.7 KiB)
- Cerazorb VS Rubber (660.1 KiB)
- CeraZorb Installation Instructions (141.9 KiB)
- CeraZorb MSDS (264.5 KiB)
- CeraZorb Pacifica Case Study (413.4 KiB)
- CeraZorb Standard Warranty (35.5 KiB)
- CeraZorb Maintenance (93.4 KiB)
CeraZorb Acoustic Testing
- Ceramic tile over CeraZorb over 1 ½" gypsum topping over 5/5" plywood - 16" TJI – 24 centers RC1 channel – batt insulation - 1 layer 5/8 GWB (178.8 KiB)
- Ceramic tile over CeraZorb over 7.5" concrete slab-no ceiling (63.7 KiB)
- Marble over no underlayment over 8" concrete slab-no ceiling (69.9 KiB)
- Ceramic Tile over CeraZorb over 3-inch Concrete Slab (Hambro System) with Soffit Ceiling Below (151.4 KiB)
- Ceramic tile over CeraZorb over 6" concrete slab-no ceiling (3.2 MiB)
- Ceramic Tile over CeraZorb over 1 9/16” gypsum topping over 8" Dietrich TradeReady Floor Joist @ 24"o.c. WAVE Suspended Drywall Grid, 3-1/2" Batt – 1 layer 5/8 GW (34.2 KiB)
Case Study: Pacifica Honolulu
Pacifica Honolulu is a 46-floor building with 41 residential floors and 5 parking floors. Pacifica was planned with one intention in mind; to create an architecturally innovative and beautifully designed structure that provides intimate and private living space perfect for family and friends. When Global Stone Inc., a company located in Vineyard Utah, needed an acoustic underlayment to install under 18 x 18 porcelain tile, they chose CERAZORB.