CeraZorb® for Tile & Stone Floors
Impacta CeraZorb Acoustic underlayment for Tile & Stone Flooring is a lightweight 5 mm thick underlayment system that has been specially designed for use under tile and stone floors.
CeraZorb offers high energy impact with low weight and will remain unchanged after repeated impact loads. It has a synthetic cork underlayment that will not rot, swell, absorb water and is anti-microbial. Performance tested equal to 1/2" natural cork at a much lower price.
During installation, CeraZorb can be bonded to approved sub floors using Impacta T-440 bond coat adhesive or installed with our Peel & Stick version.
- Up to 25 times lighter than 1/4" backer board "
- Synthetic cork product" will not rot, support mold & mildew or absorb moisture
- Thin profile 3/16" thick, 4' x 4' sheets Lightweight only 28 lbs per box,
- 25 sheets per box, 400 sf,
- Credible acoustical and crack suppression
- Optional Peel & Stick available Passes Robinson test to light commercial rating
CeraZorb Acoustic Testing
- Ceramic tile over CeraZorb over 1 ½" gypsum topping over 5/5" plywood - 16" TJI – 24 centers RC1 channel – batt insulation - 1 layer 5/8 GWB (178.8 KiB)
- Ceramic tile over CeraZorb over 7.5" concrete slab-no ceiling (63.7 KiB)
- Marble over no underlayment over 8" concrete slab-no ceiling (69.9 KiB)
- Ceramic Tile over CeraZorb over 3-inch Concrete Slab (Hambro System) with Soffit Ceiling Below (151.4 KiB)
- Ceramic tile over CeraZorb over 6" concrete slab-no ceiling (3.2 MiB)
- Ceramic Tile over CeraZorb over 1 9/16” gypsum topping over 8" Dietrich TradeReady Floor Joist @ 24"o.c. WAVE Suspended Drywall Grid, 3-1/2" Batt – 1 layer 5/8 GW (34.2 KiB)