Impacta T-440 Adhesive for CeraZorb, VC300 & LVT & Vinyl flooring DESCRIPTION: Impacta T-440 adhesive is a high-performance acrylic adhesive designed for bonding CeraZorb & VC300 installations. The hard-setting feature of Impacta T-440 resists indentation from static and rolling loads, and helps to restrict thermal movement of the finished floor. With its superior bond and low odor, it is ideal for use in residential and commercial installations.
• Do not install over any substrates containing asbestos. •
For interior installations only •
Do not apply over any adhesive residues, including cutback adhesive. • Do not install when the moisture vapor emission rate (MVER) exceeds 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq.ft. (2,27 kg per 92,9 m2) per 24 hours, when using the anhydrous calcium chloride test (ASTM F1869).
• Do not install when the relative humidity (RH) of the concrete slab exceeds 80% (ASTM F2170).
• Exterior-grade plywood, Group 1, CC type
• Other approved underlayments, including CeraZorb® and Impacta-ProBase • Concrete and properly prepared cement terrazzo
• Properly prepared and primed gypsum underlayments that meet the ASTM F2419 requirements
• Approved for use over VC300 to install LVT
The subfloor must be structurally sound, flat, smooth, dry and clean, and free of dust, dirt, oil, grease, paint, curing agents, concrete sealers, loosely bonded toppings, loose particles, old adhesive residues, and any other substance or condition that may prevent or reduce adhesion. Note: VC300 offers no leveling, and care must be taken in floor preparation to avoid imperfections showing in the vinyl flooring.
1. Condition the adhesive, tile or other materials and subfloor at 65°F to 85°F (18°C to 29°C) for 48 hours prior to, during and 48 hours after installation.
2. Read all installation instructions thoroughly before installation. 3. Select the appropriately notched trowel (see the “Trowel Speciation's and Spread Rate” section).
4. Spread the adhesive evenly over the sub-floor, keeping the trowel at a 45° angle to the sub-floor.
5. For porous applications, the adhesive once troweled should be allowed to remain open (Flash time) for approximately 15 minutes before placement of the flooring material.
6. Non-porous installations require that the adhesive be allowed to remain open until the adhesive clears in the trowel-ridge valleys. Don’t allow adhesive ridges to dry completely. Once placed, the material should be rolled immediately utilizing a 50-lb. (22,7-kg) three-section roller.
• Promptly clean any adhesive from the flooring-material surface or tools with water while the adhesive is still fresh/wet.
• Use mineral spirits once the adhesive has dried. Use caution with mineral spirits, which may be harmful to some materials.
Refer to technical and material safety data sheets for complete information regarding uses, application, limitations and safety. SHELF LIFE: 2 years when stored in original packaging at 73°F (23°C) Protect from freezing.